The discussion forums in the XSEDE User Portal are for users to share experiences, questions, and comments with other users and XSEDE staff. Visitors are welcome to browse and search, but you must login to contribute to the forums. While XSEDE staff monitor the lists, XSEDE does not guarantee that questions will be answered. Please note that the forums are not a replacement for formal support or bug reporting procedures through the XSEDE Help Desk. You must be logged in to post to the user forums.

« Back

Using XSEDE resources

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Using XSEDE resources
tacc stampede ssh
Answer
3/1/16 9:32 PM
Hi,

I'm very new to this site, and I'm still trying to figure out how to use basic things.

I have an allocation of memory, but now I'm trying to understand how to use it and the resources here for my research.

I have data to process and R scripts to run. I was told that Stampede is a good resource to run R scripts on.

After some poking around, I found the XSEDE remote terminal, which I successfully logged into. After that, I tried to log into Stampede, but it won't accept my XSEDE password. Do I need a separate account on TACC, or do I need to request a separate allocation from them, or what?

If Stampede is not the best resource for my research, are there other resources on XSEDE that don't require their own log in? And can I access them from the remote terminal?

Thanks in advance,
Nathan