How do I transfer an allocation from one XSEDE system to another?

This content has been archived, and is no longer maintained by Indiana University. Information here may no longer be accurate, and links may no longer be available or reliable.

To transfer an allocation (or a portion of service units) to another digital service on the Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE), a principal investigator (PI) or co-PI can submit a request via the XSEDE User Portal:

  1. Log into the XSEDE User Portal.
  2. On the Allocations tab, click Submit/Review Request. Alternatively, the same link is available at the bottom of any User Portal page, under "Allocations".
  3. Click Click to Enter or View a Request.

    Your current proposal should be listed, and available actions for that proposal should appear in orange text.

  4. Choose Transfer.
  5. Enter required data on all required pages, and upload any required and optional documents.
    Use the SU Converter to convert service units on your platform to the equivalent amount on the other platform.
  6. When you're ready to submit your submission for review, click Final Submission.

If you need help, contact the XSEDE Help Desk.

This document was developed with support from National Science Foundation (NSF) grants 1053575 and 1548562. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the NSF.