How do I get help with XSEDE?
The Extreme Digital Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE) provides several ways for you to get help and answers to your questions:
- User Portal: For continually updated information on your account, allocations, and more, access the XSEDE User Portal.
- User guides: For user support documentation about XSEDE high-performance computing, scientific visualization, storage, and special purpose systems, see User Guides.
- User forums: To discuss your questions with other users and XSEDE staff, sign onto the XSEDE User Forums.
- Training resources: For formal training on XSEDE services and tools, enroll in online seminars or in-person training sessions.
- Campus Champions: Get face-to-face help networking with XSEDE experts at your institution; contact your local Campus Champions.
- Help Desk: For questions and problems not addressed by online resources, contact the XSEDE Help Desk, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Extended Collaborative Support Service: To receive long-term, individualized expert assistance and collaboration for solving challenging computational problems, submit an Extended Collaborative Support Service (ECSS) request for your project. You can request ECSS support when you submit your initial allocation request, or you can submit a stand-alone ECSS request as a supplement to an active allocation. In either case, a formal justification must accompany your request.
Additionally, you can communicate your opinions, suggestions, and comments about your XSEDE experience; to do so, use the XSEDE Feedback form (to access the form, on right-hand edge of the Help Desk page, click the tab). You also can share personal science achievements (i.e., "science nuggets") made possible by XSEDE systems, services, and support; to do so, fill out and submit the Science achievements form (XSEDE-wide login required). XSEDE staff will review your submission, and may highlight your work in reports, publications, or outreach materials targeting the national science research community.